BluePrintX

Photography should be about picture-making. That is, after all, why we get into it in the first place (well, most of us). This blog is for photographers, people passionate about making photographs, who want to share ideas and concepts, approaches and attitudes. And yes, there will, from time to time, be gear stuff. Oh, and by the way, while you can download and share this blog, all the material on it is copyrighted. All rights reserved, etc.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Points of Information




Kia ora tatou:

Some service notices here. I have made some adjustments to the way the blog works. Any comments you post should automatically go onto the blog rather than routing via me. This means the world can see your input straight away.

Chapter 206a in the Where is Wally saga:

It looks as if I am moving( this weekend) back to my hometown of Ranfurly. I have accepted an artist-in-residenceship in the district, which means I will be there for the next year or so. It feels good to be going back to my roots. For those of you offshore, try finding it on Google Earth! There isn't a bustling metropolis close by. It goes without saying that there is a bed/cuppa/welcome for any of you drifting past-or who want to come and stay.

I intend to offer more workshops and tuition once the dishes are done.

I also have 2 shows coming up, so earmark 1 December for a show at the Selwyn Gallery in Darfield. You will all get an invite!

Ka kite ano

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great News Tony, Congrats etc on the Artist-in-Residence - sounds like you have the ultimate position to be totally yourself, and have some actually pay you to be that person. Well done!!

Does this strategic personal placement see a return of the likes of the Hell-Freezes-Over workshop that was unfortunately canned earlier this year? If so, count me IN!!!

Sat Sept 30, 11:17:00 pm GMT+12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artist In Residence, sounds posh!.... so when's the house warming!?...
Keep us all posted on the shows.

Sun Oct 01, 10:38:00 pm GMT+13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could feel those pineneedles you so poetically speak of. The imagery is wonderful. Inspired as usual and allows me to dream of landscapes yet to be seen. Congratulations on the Artist in Residence. Could arrange to visit one day.
Well done, Bestest Virginia

Mon Oct 02, 03:16:00 pm GMT+13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you sitting under a willow tree once (and only a few years ago!) telling me that you didn't want to be teaching at Papanui and creating wedding imagery for the rest of your photographic life! Well congratulations, Tony, on achieving a sense of being for yourself for a while! I am sure that Central will be good for you. And December 1 is diarised! cheers Barbara

Mon Oct 02, 09:42:00 pm GMT+13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice antelope! Almost as good as the backlit sheep :)

Wed Oct 04, 12:50:00 am GMT+13  

Post a Comment

<< Home